It has been a while and we keep receiving feedbacks from customers, most of them are good ones, but still we get complains about issues, so let’s focus on the internet problems today.
Cannot Connect to the Internet via Ethernet
- Check if the Ethernet cable is securely connected to the port on the TV box.
- Reboot the router.
- Check if the Ethernet can successfully connect to the Internet.
- Connect the internet cable of the TV box to a laptop or other device to confirm if the network functions normally.
- Make sure Ethernet is not in PPPoE mode. If it is necessary to enter an account and password when using other devices (such as a computer) to connect, then the Ethernet may be in PPPoE mode. Please use the router as well when using the TV box.
Cannot Connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi
- Check if the signal of the Wi-Fi base station is strong enough and settings are correct.
- Setup: “Settings” → “Network Settings”: Select SSID to Use → Enter the Password → Connect.
- If your device cannot detect the SSID, please make sure the Wi-Fi base station is set to 2.4G. The TV box supports Wi-Fi standard 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz.
- Reboot the router.
- Test if the Wi-Fi can function normally. Connect a mobile phone or laptop to the same SSID to confirm if the connection is successful. When using the mobile phone to test, please turn off the mobile network before activating the Wi-Fi connection.
- Delete and reset the SSID of the TV box.
- How to delete the SSID: “Settings” → “Advanced Settings” → Wi-Fi: Select SSID in Use → Press the OK Button on the Remote Control → Delete.
- How to set the Wi-Fi connection: “Settings” → “Network Settings”: Select SSID to Use → Enter the Password → Connect.
- Remove all external devices and reboot.
- Remove all devices connecting to the USB port and Micro USB port. Remove the power cable of the TV box and plug it in again.
Lag Appears When Playing Online Videos
- Check if the network connection is stable: Check how the TV box is connected to the internet: through Ethernet or Wi-Fi? When using Wi-Fi, please confirm if the connection is smooth and stable. The connection may become unstable when the TV box is far away from the router or the signal needs to pass through walls. Ethernet can provide a more stable connection.
- Check internet speed: Test the internet speed by activating the browser on the TV box or using speed test apps to check if the speed is normal. Meanwhile, if there are other devices using the internet at the same time, they will also share the bandwidth. Generally, we recommend keeping the download rate faster than 20Mbps.
- Clear memory: After using for a period of time, the memory of the TV box will become inconsistent because of using different apps and this will affect the system or playing performance. Long-press the “Menu” button on the remote control to clear memory.
Not a user of stridebox? click and make purchase…here